Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Trying to be heroic in an age of modernity

Ok guys, the moment you've all been waiting for (right??)...
...
...
.....
.........
(a.k.a. my shop)
The time has come. I have finally, after months and months of promises, finished my shop. Now you can go ahead and max out your credit cards.
But seriously, I have worked so hard on this project, from creating the themes I wanted to work with, painstakingly contructing the pieces one at a time ALONE, to taking the pictures and putting together the final shop page that is Modernity.
To avoid sounding too convoluted and/or pretentious, I'll just say a few words on why I chose this particular title (there's a reason for everything, people!). Not only is modernity one of my favourite words (hi, language geek!) but what I really wanted to express with the things I make is that styles and trends are constantly changing and it's up to us, the fashion community, to create the future of fashion in our own personal ways. Instead of mourning over the past, and dragging on about how things "were better back in the day", we really need to continue to push forward and focus on the "now" rather than the "then".
What is considered "modern" is always changing, and it's up to us, right here and now, do define it. Like the title of this post ever so beautifully states (thank you Bloc Party), I am trying to carve out my own niche in what I consider "modern", whatever that may word mean to you, in clothing, fashion, and personal style. I beleive that the things I have made for this shop are not only %100 original in design, things you will never and have never seen before, but that they represent a new kind of aesthetic in their simple colours, bold graphics, and grotesque inspired themes that are represented in a very playful way. Hopefully when you see my pieces that you will feel the same way, and in some way connect with my personal vision of the future.
Okay so that WAS really long...
...
You probably didn't read any of it anyways, so just CLICKY AND LOOK AT PRETTY THINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers