Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mouth to Mouth

I've wanted to post about one of my favourite movies, Mouth to Mouth, for a really long time now. My organizational skills are really crap though, the best I've got is the occasional scribbly to-do list on a page in my notebook. In other words, I get to to things when I get to things... in my own sweet time.
So Mouth to Mouth is a film from 2005, stumbled upon in accordance with my then emerging obsession with Ellen Page. Me and my friend saw Hard Candy a few years back and basically have seen every movie she's been in since then. I'd say this one's my favourite though, she's just an amazing actress and I feel she really can do anything: funny, serious, disturbed, you name it, she conquers. I'm still riffling through Google searches and Youtube to find a certain SNL sketch she starred in, though that whole episode was GREAT with her in it, love love love her!





Tracey Fragements rocked my socks off as well... really, me loving it has nothing to do with the fact that it was filmed right here in Winnipeg. Right, nooothing to do with it.




Oh right, back to the movie.
The film is basically about a teenage girl who doesn't fit in and generally hates her present life. She decides to join SPARK, Street People Armed with Radical Knowkledge, a group of youth with nothing better to do than to get clean, travel across Europe, and try for a better life both spiritually and physically. I don't want to blah on for too long because really the movie speaks for itself. At the risk of sounding horribly cliche, it really is an incredibly moving film, it literally makes me want to be a better person, and to question others, live my own life in my own way (hence my choice to lack organization...ahh, it all makes sense now!).
Besides having amazing locations, script, and actors (Ellen also starred in this movie with the extemely lovable Maxwell McCabe-Lokos, see 2nd shot of the Tracey Fragments pics), but the overall look of the movie is so.... well, I have no words. Just observe.
[warning: heavy and uncut screenshots from the movie, may have some spoilage!]
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I absolutely am in love these grimy streetkids. I would give anything to be in this movie, but in real life. I so much prefer it when people just dress how they feel, with street kids they really don't even have a choice though they can only wear what they can scrounge up. You really see this in the film, the characters wear mostly the same thing and share the same clothing between both the guys and girls.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I almost forgot to mention, Jim Sturgess also is in this movie! So sexy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Page rockin' a hardcore Alice Dellal. Sorry Alice, Ellen does it better.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The director, Alison Murray , did a documentary before Mouth to Mouth about trainhoppers. I can see that she used a lot of what she experienced with them to translate in the characters of this film. Ah, I need to see that documentary! You know you love all of this Yoncto, we should watch it together.
So if I havent't convinced you yet, just take my word and go see it! It might not be the easiest film to find but it's well worth the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers