Thursday, March 10, 2011

I wonder if someday I'll be good with goodbyes

Ok, let's finish this 3 part trip post garbage! We left London for Sweden on Monday the 21st early in the morning, and since it was only a 2 hour flight and an hour time difference, we arrived at the airport at about 10:30am and got to central Stockholm around noon. Arriving in Stockholm felt really comforting and familiar, not because I've been there before but because there was so much beautiful snow! I well and truly felt at home there, haha.
DPP_0034
DPP_0029
We didn't have much of an idea of what to expect of the city, nor did we know what we wanted to see or do, so after we got to our hotel we just wandered around the local shopping area. I went to Weekday, which had some great things, and planned to go back to try things on but sadly never made it. After some Thai food for lunch, we kept browsing the shops and then stopped for a coffee and desserts just before it started getting dark.
DPP_0030
I tried to take pictures of my coffees and some meals during the whole trip because I think half the fun of travelling is getting to try new foods... so why not document it!

The next day we walked around the city a bit more in the morning, and decided that we didn't want to do the predictable tourist things like bus tours and looking at churches, so we decided to go a children's museum near the city's center called Junibacken. If you couldn't tell yet from reading my blog, I am basically a child in an adult's body. I don't think I'll ever fully "grow up" (whatever that means) and I love children's stories now as much as I did when I was younger. I also have a big thing for Pippi Longstocking (see my Twitter button on the sidebar!). Junibacken is a children's museum dedicated mostly to the children's author Astrid Lindgren, the author of the Pippi stories, but had all kinds of things to see that involved the characters and stories of other authors as well. This place was so magical, and I don't want to unload all the pictures I took here, so this is just a sample of what we saw there.
DPP_0035
DPP_0036
DPP_0042
DPP_0038
DPP_0039
DPP_0040
DPP_0043
DPP_0045
DPP_0046
After the museum we headed back to our hotel, but I knew I HAD to visit Monki before we left the next day. We knew there was one not too far from the hotel, but had to hunt for a bit (and ask around) to find it. It was worth it! It was a smaller Monki store but still had a lot of great stuff. I just picked up a few things, which you'll see eventually!
We thought we had to be at the airport for 3pm the next day, but just as we were falling asleep my friend jumped out a bed because she remembered we were actually supposed to be there for 12pm! Good thing she remembered!
Airport coffee!
DPP_0002
So after the flight it was straight to Paddington station to catch our train to Plymouth (going to stay at my friend's flat, who's there on a student exchance type things).
Train coffee!
DPP_0004
Now, we ended up staying in Plymouth for the last 3 days of the trip instead of going back to London, because it was just nice to hang out with my bestie, see where she lives, where she works, meet her friends, etc. The last few days were really fun and just chilled out, so there wasn't much to take pictures of... we did end up going to see The Sats again though, haha!
Here are some pictures from the seaside when we walked down there one day. A really lovely scene, especially for a Canadian prairie girl like myself.
DPP_0008
DPP_0011
DPP_0007
DPP_0012
Let's sneak in an outfit shot to finish this up, shall we?
DPP_0010
Wearing a cardigan from Monki, H&M circle scarf, thirfted creepers ,bag, and denim shorts, tights off of eBay.
The Monki cardigan is so great, with the loop fringe shoulder pad type detail... and it was on sale! This was actully my main Stockholm purchase, as I only brought a carry-on so major shopping wasn't in the plan!
DPP_0013
So that's pretty much it! Hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of what I saw, but I also hope you're ready for me to get back to some regular posting... I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers