Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I am just another piece of an island

So guess what I did the other day? Here's a clue:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What would involve five girls and cupcakes? ...A fashion blogger meet-up, of course!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Superstar blogger Rebecca, aka The Clothes Horse, was in London for a few days so of course surrounding bloggers flocked to meet her, haha! This eclectic group included myself (duh), Selina of Flying Saucer, Winnie of Diamond Canopy, Kristabel of I Want You To Know, and of course Rebecca from The Clothes Horse.
The four of them were already settled in at The Hummingbird Bakery, starting on their cupcakes when I turned up (always late, sowwy!). I don't think I missed much though because we sat there for another two hours just chatting about blogging stuff like comment etiquette, doing promotions for companies, and of course the big "should bloggers get paid" debate.
After the gossip fest we headed over to the Victoria and Albert museum close by to check out a few exhibits. But first... outfit shots, of course!
Everyone was being all coy and hesitant to start posing, so I'm like "someone take a picture of me standing on the fence!! Or the bench!". They all convinced me the bench was less deadly.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Btw, I call this look "The Goth Stephanie Tanner".
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As you can tell, this summer I've made it my goal to NOT tan... at all. Eff people making me feel bad that I'm no Paris Hilton. I like my fair skin, OKAY?? Moving on...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kristabel! Obvi I'm mad jealous of her thin legs (see sidebar). AND HER SHOEEEES! I mean:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Next is Selina. Ahhh, Selina. Flying Saucer was probably the second blog I ever fell in love with... this was well over two years ago and only now do I FINALLY get to meet her. All expectations were met, she is amazing and sweet and wonderful in every way. Mabes I should stop gushing and get to her outfit....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Selina is upping her jewelry and nail game BIG TIME. Amazing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Selina and Winnie are both Birminham bloggers, which means I really need to check out Birmingham now... they churn out some pretty amazing girls over there! Winnie was so sweet and has the best smile ever. It's infectious! Loving her floaty polka dot top as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And because I'm dumb and tend to get caught up in the moment, I forgot to get a solo shot of Rebecca's perfect outfit (see: matching shoes and nail polish!). In my defense, I was using her camera to take outfit shots for her. I'm sure a lot of you read The Clothes Horse anyways, so just head over there to see her outfit!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
There was a courtyard within the museum with some gorgeous flowers against a brick wall, so we decided to take a group shot there. Since it was only the five of us we had nobody to take the picture, and didn't really see anyone trustworthy looking to hande our babies (cameras), this can only mean one thing... self timer shots!! I told you, this was a true fashion blogger convention! Self timer shots also mean "blogger pose": pigeon toed, looking down, hand in hair.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh well, at least we amuse ourselves.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers