Friday, August 20, 2010

I got the pieces of the heart you broke

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This has been me for the past few days. No, not nessesarily kissing my knee, but basically house bound as I'm really trying to NOT to spend any money... que PB&J with instant coffee for every meal! But seriously, if I go for a wander around the city I cannot be held accountable for my actions. I WILL buy something, and that's a fact.
To talk about some of the clothing-related going-ons in my life, I recently fixed one of my favourite pieces I've EVER owned, which was on the verge of death. My amazing Urban Outfitters moto jacket that I scooped on sale for $20 when I was, maybe, fifteen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It has served me well, and when I was in denial of the sausage-like snuggness that developed in the arms the most predictable thing happened: it ripped. Right on the elbow. This happened months and months ago, and when I tried to stitch it up it not only looked odd, but didn't last more than 5 minutes. So basically I had two options: either say goodbye to my fav jacket, or take drastic measures. That's right my friends: elbow patches.
I just used some scrap fabric and fusable interfacing, and had to hand sew them on. I started this the NIGHT before I left Canada because I so desperately wanted to bring the jacket with me, but I realized it might take a while to hand sew them both on so I brought the jacket along with some thread and a needle.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honestly, I'm loving the elbow patch look. And you know if this method doesn't hold up, I can always turn it into a sexy dance.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As much as I loved the gradient nail look I posted about last (anyone tried it yet?), I think the basecoat I used made a too smooth, slippery surface for the paint to stick to it started chipping pretty much immediately. Not to fear though! I did another design the next day using the paint again and just loaded on the layers of topcoat and it's still staying stong! What was the design you ask? Well I used a little J. Scott for inspiration.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And Jesus. Obviously.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was made with acrylic paint and a black sharpie (or as my immitation markers read: shaerpie). Oh wow, you probably think I'm so cheap for using materials like this. Well, you're half right. But really I left all my makeup and polish at home, as you may remember, so I'm working with what I got! But not for long: my brother brought my makeup bags with him as he headed overseas for a trip to Germany. I'm meeting with him tomorrow as he's staying in London a few nights before heading back home. FINALLY I'll have some decent mascara (Revlon 3D Extreme for life!!) and my brushes and everything! Very excited!!
And another plus for this look: I match with my shopping bag.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh and you know that stuff I said about leaving the flat? Yeah, well to prove it I did go for a wander in Covent Garden yesterday and JUST LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Faux leather panelled leggings, on sale 5 pounds from H&M.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Some button earrings, as well as a grey jersey circle scarf. I'm so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers