Thursday, August 12, 2010

It doesn't kick like a pill anymore

Good news guys, I haven't bought anything new since the last post! Although the Topshop ban isn't going too well, I had another wander just the next day. HA! What can I say, a sale is a sale. Actually I went in there the other day just before I met up with a London blogger named Corinne, who runs a fab blog called Used and Abused Vintage with her bff Mia. No doubt Corinne will become my official London thrifting tour guide, pointing me in the direction of any and all charity shops and vintage stores around town, maybe even a few carboot sales. We met up in front of Topshop and had a quick peek at Beyond Retro. I really want to go back there as the prices aren't too bad and they had some really amazing things. There was one dress, URG, so gorgeous. I didn't try it on because I knew I wouldn't buy it because I knew that I was broke. Will go back and try it on as soon as I have a source of income.
A few of you were curious to see what the asymmetrical top from the last post looked like on. Well, WAIT NO LONGER!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(omg guys my skin matches my top, PALE VICTORY!!)
Well that was anti-climactic. Obviously this isn't the most exciting top but 1) it was on sale, and 2) I liked how dramatically it dipped to one side. I feel like I'm wearing a toga or something when it's on... it's sweet! My younger brother stopped into London the other day on his way to Germany, and when I met him at the train station he took a step back, looked at me up and down, and said "now I know why you like it here so much. Everyone dresses so wierd". Ahaha baby bro, wait till you actually leave the station and THEN tell me what wierd is.
Corinne was looking very granny-chic in her [flipping amazing!] 90's dress and witchy boots. Btw the dress is thrifted and I'm in love with it. The length, the floral print, errrrthang.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm going to buy some toner for my hair to get it as white as hers, it's the most PERFECT shade. White, but not too white it looks scary, if you know what I mean. I'm excited!
Oh and yesterday I moved into my permanent room in the flat. Loving it so far. Fancy a tour?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The very best part of my room is on the back of my door.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BAHAHA! My friend gave me this RPatz calander for Christmas, I just had to bring it with me to England. Tracy, you know me and my schoolgirl obsessions all to well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers