Monday, February 22, 2010

Show me your teeth

My reading week is officially over as I was back to classes today. As I mentioned before, any actual reading has been avoided to the extreme, and I mostly filled up the 10 beautiful days with shopping, crafting, and watching movies. On Saturday I watched The Hunger, whilst making chocolate fondant in a toaster oven. I know, I party HARD.
So this movie, The Hunger, with David Bowie and Susan Sarandon, is my my opinion an amazing film. Without saying too much about the plot, it's basically a movie from the 80's about imortality, vampires, and most importantly it is a movie about SUNGLASSES

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've come to the conclusion that I want to become David Bowie. No clue how, but seriously... LOVE this man.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urrrg, I can't get over how beautiful this movie is. Ok, so the movie isn't actually about sunglasses but I counted at least seven pairs of gorgeous specs. Obvi I needed to make an outfit inspired by this movie, broken down like so:
1) A blazer, representing the power-dressing trends of the 80's. This was a big part of the wardrobe, although my screencaps don't show it.
2) Obviously a good pair of sunglasses! These are really similar to the ones Bowie wore in the beginning of the film.
3) My Egyptian skull mummy t-shirt. Symbolic of the Egyptian pentants with hidden dagger, WHICH I WANT, worn by each of the lovers.
4) My garisson cap thrown in there as the female lead rocked one in a few scenes. SO GOOD!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers