Friday, January 22, 2010

Can I dream for one day?

As you can probably tell, I don't do a lot of posts on hair or make-up. Don't get me wrong, I love browsing the make-up isle, and admiring the odd hair-do on the street, but my interest in beauty related things are usually trend-driven, much more than clothes. By this I mean I usually only get excited about a certain hairstyle or make-up look if it's "trendy" or straight off the runway. It's not a bad thing, it just takes a something BIG in the beauty department to catch my attention.
While waiting in line at Aritzia last weekend, I saw some really lovely shades of nail polish near the checkout (that's where they always get you!!). I didn't think about it too much, I just grabbed it, made sure it was cruelty-free (which EVERYONE should do ALWAYS), and brought it to the register. Oh, and this particular nail polish cost 21 bucks, so I just prayed I wouldn't be dissapointed.
Last night I did just the tips of my nails, like a french manicure, which looked so stellar on one hand but... not so much on the other. So I took it all off and did all my nails with it tonight. The brand is called Knock Out Cosmetics, and I like it because its a very matte colour. Something different, right? And I love the surgery scrubs colour of the shade I picked... is that wierd?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I had to use the dreaded flash so you all could see the matte-ness of it. This is good stuff! And Im fully aware that I did a crap job, ok?? I think my next makeup purchase will be a good black lipstick. The girls over at DI$COUNT made an awesome round-up of statement lipcolours... I basically want all of them.
.
On another note, I got my little brother to make me the lego necklace from The Mighty Boosh crack fox episode. I was told that I must credit my bro everytime someone compliments me on it, so in advance: "YEAH, MY BROTHER MADE IT FOR ME"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
.
Now all I need is the Joan Jett jumpsuit...yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers