Monday, October 27, 2008

Give it to me baby, yeah!

I can't believe I'm writing a blog post right now. You would think that I'd be sick of the computer as I've been sitting in front of it all weekend to get a paper done, but Noooo! I'm still going at it!

I've been working on a DIY project ever so slowly for the past few weeks but now I've finished so everyone look at it and love it! I'm sure you WILL love it because you've seen it all before. Yes, I do copy-cat-crafts to get out of buying the real thing. This time I really wanted the Camera Necklace from the Paraphernalia shop on Etsy. Love at first site... as well as second sight when I saw it on Kirsty. I've conquered imitation at the 3rd degree but in my defense I used my own methods so the result isn't nearly as fab as the real thing.
Photobucket
The reason I didn't buy the necklace on Paraphernalia was because I wanted it on a longer chain. I like necklaces over sized, so I figured out a way to make another version with the same concept.
To make the actual camera I had to ask good ol' Grandpa for a favour. I got him to cut out a piece of thin flat wood in the right shape, then I sanded it down to make it extra smooth and light. I got him to make 2 because it was highly probable that I would make mistakes.
Photobucket
I brought the wooden shape home and painted it with several layers of white acrylic paint, then basically just drew on the details with a black Sharpie. To top off my total unprofessionalism with this project, I had to recall what an old-fashioned, non-digital camera looks like. The Internet wasn't available so improvisation was key!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I used small keychain rings to attach the camera to a long chain, they had to be relatively large rings because of the thickness of the wood. I put some Japanese writing on the side of the design, really just to fill space. I would like to state that I have no clue what this text says, I just copied some writing from one of my Japanese fashion mags. See? Total and utter ignorance!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Click Click Click! Loves it, ooh give it to me, yes! Ohhhh yeah, there involves some hyperactive photographer role play when wearing this. C'mon, it's impossible not to play it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers