Friday, October 24, 2008

You smell Japanese!

Midterms are here if anyone hasn't already guessed, this week has been horribly busy for me. Panic attacks have been a common event as of Monday. But all is good, the hectic-ness has passed for now (besides a paper due Tuesday) and I've got post ideas coming out the wazoo (am I the only one who finds that phrase hilarious!?). The movie extra thing last week went pretty well, I woke up 20 minutes before I had to leave so my outfit wasn't as cray-zay as I would have liked, although the skirt I wore was bangin, everyone loved it! All this talking is pretty much to avoid the truth... that I don't have any pictures for you! Sorrrrrry, like I said I was running out the door like a mad woman, I was late for sure! I will tell you that my hair looked awesome, I cut a piece of scrap fabric and tied it around my head in a knot and it ended up looking like a bow. Supa cute! I'm going to try that out again sometime this week.
I've been putting off this for a while but I'd like to share with you all a little promotional thing I agreed to put on the blog. A company promotion the new Harajuku Lovers perfume asked if I'd like to try out some samples and mention it on my blog. I said yes, because really I can't say no to a freebee. I thought I was just going to get a few of those tiny vial samples that you get at department stores, but boy was I wrong! It was like Christmas when I got the package, there was so much stuff! Here's a lovely photo of all the stuff I got.
In case you haven't really heard of this new Harajuku Lovers perfume collection, there's a different scent for each: Love, Angel, Music, Baby, as well as G for Gwen. They're all unique but a little similar so they all would be good as a set. Love is floral, very girly, Angel is really fruity/citrus-y, smells a lot like pineapple, Music has a hint of sweetness, but also musky, good for everyday wear, Baby has a hint of baby powder, very clean and fresh. But my favourite would have to be Gwen, it's very tropical and has the scent of coconut, yet not too strong.







I love how there's different characters and their personalities all correspond to their scent. Lovely packaging as well, I absolutely can't get enough of the ads, they're way too cute!
Note the latex knee highs, Selina blogged about them a while back. I want them.
I forgot to include this cute charm bracelet in the group photo, it's so cute. The thing is that I'll actually want to wear it because the girls are just so dang cute.


I hope I haven't bored you all, but I thought the perfume was all really nice and it was cool that they chose me to do a review. Also I think I overused the word cute a wee bit in this post... maybe change all the "cute"s to "kawaii"s. Less annoying? No, didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers