Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Me I'm a creator, thrill is to make it up

The other day I started putting an outfit together but didn't really know what kind of look I wanted, but knew I didn't want to throw on the same ol' leggings and tee combination, you know? I started grabbing things out of my closet (which doesn't happen to have a lot going on at the moment) to see what I could come up with. Since I don't really have a mirror in my room I thought I'd do the ol' Cher Horowitz tip and take a pictures of my outfit to help me decide... I know I know, it's not the authentic polaroid method but a digital camera will do too.

Started out with my tank maxi dress and threw on the asymmetrical Topshop top on overtop... wow I just managed to use the word "top" three times in one sentance. Go me!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Felt too shlubby with all those long, loose layers so tried to belt it up.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I felt the plastic belt was too thick, tried a thinner one on and I think it looks much better.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Realized this might be a good opportunity to try out my black Lennon sunglasses I bought in Camden a week ago. I'm trying REALLY hard to not style them too 90's, I feel like it's too predictable. I'm trying to make them mesh with other types of looks, and not just throw them on with my flannels and crop tops, yaknowwhatImean??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And to lessen the Grecian Godess effect of this outfit, I threw on my moto jacket. Note the fancy new elbow patches! haha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Well wasn't that fun?! Dissecting the outfit making process! Sometimes I think about how other people put together an outfit, I'm sure we don't all do it the same way. How do you put together an outfit? Tell me your secret methods!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers