Sunday, September 5, 2010

I know you're not a bluffer I'll take you to go see Usher

I'm trying to squeeze in a quick post here as I'm going to be out of London until Tuesday (popping over to Plymouth!) and then Wednesday I'm jetting off back to Canada! No offence to London/Londoners, but I'm really ready to get out of this place and snuggle back into Winnipeg... even if that means facing questionable weather and draining my bank account for a last minute flight and excess baggage fees, AS LONG AS I'LL BE HOME ALIVE I DON'T CARE.
.
So on Saturday, with a little last minute coach booking, I spent the day in Birmingham to hang out with Selina of Flying Saucer one more time before I left England. We met at the coach station and popped into this big yellow vintage store across the street called Cow Vintage. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the selection and prices, but was planning on not buying anything as I'm pretty shopped out at this point, not to mention that I often use the "I can buy secondhand at Goodwill when I get home" excuse.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We checked out a few shops in the main shopping area called the Bullring, including the required stop at Topshop. I loooooooove this jumper which is a clear knock-off of the interweb-famous Dries van Noten one I had in that collage I made a few weeks ago. Although I love the faded pink colour of this one, I'm not sure how well it settled against my "fair" skin. It also comes in a kind of wine, purple-ish, burgundy colour which I wasn't in love with either, so decided to pass on it. Sad, but I'm glad I'm learning how to exercise self-restraint.
Then again, if any of you want to encourage me to decide otherwise then I can always make a last minute Topshop run before I leave! Haha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh and I also did a changeroom photo of my outfit for that day: H&M leopard body-con, DIY vest, vintage eBay-ed boots.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I also kind of forgot that I took some outfit pictures a few days ago. I call this my "All-American Trash" look, with denim on (acid wash) denim and trashy tank. This was actually one of my favourite t-shirts from a Bloc Party concert I went to last year. It's a men's XL and the sleeves were getting so stretched out and sweat-stained I decided to cut them off. You can't really tell from the pictures but the arm holes are HUGE so this is defo a bra flashing/side-boob kind of tank.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Look at my white nails! My gel nails were getting really grown out and started lifting so I had to go to a salon to get them taken off. I was all excited, hoping that when they came off they'd reveal some lovely, long, strong nails that I could try all kinds of new nail art with. What I got was some stubs that are so weak and flimsy that this nail polish has cracks in it from bendy nails. Not cool. Now I have to basically wait untill my nails grow out completely until I can try anything too exciting.
Since I'm home Wednesday night, I'll for sure be able to post before or on this weekend. Talk to you soon from across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers