Monday, July 26, 2010

Spend the last dough in your pocko

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This post is going to be short, and possibly boring post for some. I just wanted to keep you all updated as I am now in London! For those who don't know, I'm in London on a working holiday, and I'm staying for about 5 months. Seems like just yesterday I was sitting in my hostel, blogging about this experience for the first time.
My flight yesterday had a stopover in Iceland, home of Bjork and....er, well that's about all I know about Iceland. The plane looked like it was from the 70's, lots of orange, and had those shared t.v.'s. Sadly, no horrid inflight movies (Actually inflight movies are pretty sweet, you get to watch all those corny, shameful films your wouldn't usually see and have the excuse to say "Oh it was just an inflight movie" when it comes up in conversation).
After the 2 planes, coach ride, tube ride, and taxi ride, I made it to my hostel and collapsed. I slept from about 3:30pm-8:30, then 10:30-5:30am, then dozed off again from 6-8:30, and yet then again from 8:30-10:30 am. Needless to say, I was really tired.
Today I just did a few basic things, like update my bank info and pick up a mobile. For those of you who follow me on twitter, you'll know that I'd an idiot and left my all my makeup at home! I had 2 bags of it! I don't think it's worth it to ship it, so today I also just bought some makeup basics as well. I can't beleive I walked around London all day without makeup on... oh well, no makeup means no makeup to smudge and run with all the sweating going on. It's so humid here, bleh.
I want to show off my phone, I think it's so cute. I love how it's square, it makes it look like a compact!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cannot live without my Urban Decay primer potion!! Bought it at Debenhams along with this brow powder kit. I've never tried it before, but at home I was using a powder on my brows and the girl at the counter told me this stuff is waterproof and comes with wax that you can put on beforehand to keep all the hairs in place. Will keep you updated to let you know how it works out, it sounds promising!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic A bunch of stuff from Boots. I really only bought this 17 mascara because it came with a free kit of eyelash curler, tweezers, and eyeliner. I've never even heard of this brand, anyone know if their mascara is any good?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I told you, not so exciting! Anyways, I might as well take this opportunity if any readers are from London, and if so do you know any free rooms available for rent, and any jobs you want to hook me up with?? Job and flat hunting is all I'm going to be up to for the next few days, so I'll keep you all posted later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers