Thursday, July 15, 2010

Down every underpass you'll see somebody stealing the show

I really can't decide the best way to post about Toronto. A lot of excitement. A lot of pictures.
Because I don't want to drag on about the trip, I think I'll just split it into two posts. By the way, it's late right now and I'm tired so text will be minimal. It's a good thing the pictures are going to do the talking here, because I got a brand new camera and it is sexxxxxxyyyyy. After A LOT of debate I finally settled on the Canon T1i, and I literally opened the camera's box the night before I left so I was (and still am) figuring out how it all works.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Testing out the cam with pictures of our lunch. I'm seriously still thinking about this food, it was so SO good.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic My clever friend got us discounted nights at a really nice hotel downtown. Trust me, I wanted to take pictures all over but I really restrained myself.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic The above shot was supposed to be, like, The Shining-esque. I dunno.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic The mirrors! They decend into infinity!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So I mentioned previously that I was going to see TWO great people while in Toronto (besides Gaga that is). The first night we got there I got to see special person number one: Noel Fielding.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When I found out Noel was doing some stand-up gigs in Toronto I just lost it, it was too good to be true. All that day I was so nervous. I mean, getting to see one of my idols (besides being part of The Mighty Boosh, he really is my favourite stand-up comedian) in person is pretty daunting. Anyways, I ended up seperating from my group to sit alone right at the front. The FRONT, people! I was one foot away from his beautiful drainpipe-clad legs (wow, they were NICE). I'm not going to post any pictures from the gig, mostly because I haven't looked at them myself, so here are some really dark pictures of me in front of the venue. Note the floral green and white blazer. Thrifted for a DOLLAR. Score.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The next day we went to the Ontario Science Museum to check out this special Harry Potter exhibit they had on. It was pretty cool, there were costumes and props and stuff from all the movies, and I got sorted by the sorting hat (Hufflepuff, whaaat). In the evening we went out for dinner and then to see Get Him to the Greek. Have I ever mentioned on the blog how ferociously I love Russell Brand? Well now you know.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What I wore that night. This maxi is one of the amazing Winners finds I was freaking out about over on twitter the other day. Finally a maxi dress that actually touches the ground on me! Well, not when I'm wearing five inch heels, but still.
The next day I spent some time with special person number two, (will post about that next time) and then at night it was Lady Gaga! I didn't take any pictures, but just take my word for it when I say it was amazing. It was a pretty emotional experience for me, but maybe I'll talk about that more if I do an all-Gaga post. Let's talk about what you REALLY want to know about: what I wore.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I decided to go with my Cheap Monday dress that I ordered and had never worn yet. The boots are the infamous Sam Edelman Balenciaga knock-offs, which I ordered off of Victoria Secret OVER two years ago and have never seen outside my closet!! I don't know why I was so afraid to wear them untill now, because they were totally fine walking around in! Six inchers, flip-flops, no diff. And why yes, that is duct tape on my legs.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kaeleigh looked sooooo so good, guys! At the concert they had this photobooth set up and were taking pictures of people who dressed up for the occasion. We both got our picture taken, and then they posted them the next day on their website. Kae got picked as a "featured Monster" so she's up there on the main page! Here's link to hers and mine, and you can check out the rest from the night here if you're interested. So yes, all in all it was a pretty amazing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers