Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deja-vu, you're my obsession

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This past Monday was half off at all the Value Village stores (thrift department store, for people who don't know) in the city. As you may have already seen, I went thift crazy with fellow Winnipeg bloggers Andrew of Pull Teeth and Raez of Cheap Thrills and had got some seeeerious shopping done!! Andrew and I hit up one store before picking up Raez from school (aww so sweet! She's only 16 if you can beleive it!) before going to another two stores. The last location was definately had the best finds, we spent about an hour and a half in there and all left with huge bags full of clothes, haha! Obviously a blogger meet-up calls for a photoshoot, and in Winnipeg this means we do it in the parking lot...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Andrew and I hang out and go shopping all the time (a little too much maybe, I'm going broke from thrifting. Just kidding Andrew!! Let's go tomorow) but this was the first time I was meeting Raez. This girl is so effing fierce it's not even funny, and she is an amazing shopper and kept finding awesome things in the store for me to try on! The only downside of hanging with her is looking terrible in photos by comparison.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Slowly realizing I don't know how to take photos with others WITHOUT pulling faces. Lovely.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Andrew and I are going to start a book club, ok. Who wants to join?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I think it's clear than none of these pictures were shot on my crumby camera. It's time to start saving my pennies for a really good camera, these shots turned out so amazing! If you're curious, here's a quick run-down of what I bought:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At store #1 I bought this huge, fuzzy jacket (apparently I don't know what season it is right now), a slinky, semi-sheer black top, and this ostrich feather-like boa that I'm going to use for a DIY... don't know what I'm making with it but I'll figure something out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic No clothes from store #2, just these PERFECT platforms (why yes, I did buy them because they reminded me of THOSE shoes), a bunch of CDs, and a VHS of Trainspotting... although I don't even think my VCR works....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Store number three was the biggest hit, hands down. Found this oversized red coat (thanks Raez!), a crinoline/tutu from the kid's section, this black mini dress that flared out at the bottom, and polka-dotted crop top. As you can see, my 90's addiction is reaching an all-time high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers