Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Let's drive to Brighton on the weekend

I've been trying to cut back on computer time for the last week... could you tell? I thought it would help me to "get more things done", but I have still managed to sidetrack myself with other things. Usually in a day I like to do nothing at all, so it's become a matter of choice to avoid all things productive rather than simply being distracted. It's my state of mind, can't really help it... do I still have to say sorry for not posting? OK OK I'll say it: I'm sorry.

I wanted to quickly show off this skater skirt + bloomers combo that I made a few weeks back. I've been wanting to make some bloomers for the loooongest time, and I love the way mine turned out. I love it when babies and toddlers wear their cute little dresses with matching bloomers over their diapers, espesh with lots of frills and lace and ruffles! Squeee! Can't help myself, I just love it too much. So although I'm no longer in the age bracket of 1-4, I figured it would still be okay to rock this combo myself... feel free to let me know if you disagree and tell me that I've totally lost it. I AM aware that I'm not in kindergarten, but still... can't resist!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Whatevs, I'll just say I'm a Lolita and wearing this kind of thing would be completely acceptable. Am I right? Ahh, I love how fashion forgives the insane.

I made the skirt and bloomers out of a sheet that my mom was using to PROTECT THE CARPET WHILE PAINTING! C'mon, wayyy to nice to use as a rag! I mean, I really only like florals when they're quite small and dainty and this was the PERFECT print that I had in mind for my skirt. I asked my mom if I could have because I reeeeally liked it, and she almost wouldn't give it to me! "Well, I'm using it for painting"... seriously? You could use any old ugly sheet but still I can't have this one? One that I'll turn into something usefull and beautiful? Umm, no. In the end I won and got the sheet, obviously, although there are a few paint spills on my new skirt that I hope no one will notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers