Friday, May 1, 2009

One, two, skip a few, ninety-nine, one hundred!

Well I finally made it, 100 posts in just over a year. Yes, it's taken me a long time to reach 100, and yes it is out of pure laziness. I do love this blog though, it has been so much fun getting to show all of you my style, my projects, and other random tidbits of life. Thanks for checking out my blog, even if it's just once and a while, it means so much that people actually sit down at their computer and type in niceandshiny.blogspot.com in their browser... that part is the strangest to wrap my head around.
So thank you thank you thank you for every one's awesome comments, and I can't get over how cool is it to be able to talk to other people around the world about something that's so dear to us all: lovely, lovely clothes. I'd like to think that my blog differs from others in the way that I try to leave space for conversation, interpretation of what I'm putting out there. I don't want to just show you all what I think is cool and force you to accept it, I love hearing what people have to say, your opinions, any tips, or even just how the material relates to you or your life. Interacting with others is defiantly my favourite thing about having a blog, and learning about all types of people that I would otherwise never meet or talk to.

For a little walk down memory lane, and because I got such great responses from my other photoshoot, here are the six final cuts from a photoshoot I did with my friend waaaaaaaaaaaay back when... fall of 2007. This was before the blog, but it just goes to show that doing creative things can still be really fun and fulfilling, even if nobody ever sees them, ha!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



This was when I had bangs/fringe, and yes I do realize that every one of my pictures here is a crotch shot. I was wearing black shorts underneath, I PROMISE! Some of you might find these a wee bit familiar, this is because my display picture is an outtake from this same photoshoot. I've got sooo many outtakes, it was so hard trying to narrow it down to one shot per outfit. It's hard to tell, but our hair was sooooo huge and curly. We backcombed it to death so our hair would stay with the theme of volume/airyness/insanity. These are from almost two years ago, but I still love the outfits!
Oh yes, I almost forgot my super special secret that explains why I was in Toronto last week. Well, this summer my dreams are going to come true because I'm going to England!! Ahh, I'm so excitied, it's going to wicked! I'm going by myself, for almost two months and I'm going to be on a "working holiday" with a program called SWAP. Don't fret, I will have my laptop and I will be ~live blogging from London~ (wink wink, Andrew). I had to go to Toronto to complete the last step of my UK work visa, but it's now been approved and I booked my flights yesterday. May 19th, London here I come! If you're a Londoner, hit me up and we should tooootally go shopping!

Love you all, thanks for reading all this time and keep checking back in the future <3
EDIT: Incase some of you aren't able to tell, photos 2, 3, and 6 are NOT ME! Those are of my friend who I do photoshoots with, she was a good sport and risked breaking her ankle while jumping in heels while I wore flats with all my outfit, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers