Friday, December 31, 2010

She's not broken, she's just a baby

I thought I'd squeeze one for post before the end of the year, and it's a quicky... although I haven't got anything else to run off to do. It's Almost 7pm and I'm still NYE plan-less, and frankly I'm too tired after working all day to even give a hoot. I'm so down to just sit with a cappuccino (did I tell y'all I got an espresso machine for Christmas? SO much fun) and read my overdue library books untill I hit the pillow at 12:01.
On with the post! An outfit I wore the other day, in 3 parts:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My sheer and velvet cutout Topshop top, layered over a black tee. I love this top but deciding what to layer it with is proving to be harder than I thought. Wore it once with just a bra underneath (teehee), but other attempts proved not as successful. Layered with the black t-shirt looks good enough, I like that you actually have to look closely to see that I'm actually wearing 2 shirts. It also kind of looks like a bodycon dress like this, come to think of it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Faded American Apparel African print leggings. Oldie but a goodie.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Topped off with my really old Urban Outfitters moto jacket.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Something that's not so old, these NEW Jeffrey Campbell "Mummy" wedges. Now, let me just say that I wouldn't consider myself a JC fan. Making your buisness by blatently ripping off other designers just doesn't sound like a very good buisness strategy imo. But I came across these on Solestruck's Cyber Monday sale and I liked them... a lot. Plus, as far as I can tell, they're not a direct copy of any shoes I've seen before (feel free to prove me wrong!). A second plus, they were %50 of the already reduced price of $99. So yeah, score.

Oh and remember that little claw-nail idea I had two posts back? I went through with it! Last night I bought some extra long dollar store nails, used cuticle scissors to cut the corners, then filed the ends to a perfect pointy shape. Then I glued them on my nails and finished it off with this perfect shade called "Lily" from Revlon's new Top Speed nail polish.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic (note: I know I'm crap at painting nails)
I rocked them all day today, and guess what... so wierd looks or comments. I guess they're not as freaky as I make them out to be in my head, haha. Love them!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers