Thursday, May 26, 2011

As long as I'm your hooker

(prepare yourself for Born This Way lyric titles for a verrrry long time, k)

I know summer is the time when most of us fashion bloggers try to lay off the black and try to incorporate some c o l o u r into our wardrobes, but to be honest I have no intention of giving up my black ensembles for hot weather. Lately I noticed I've been wearing a lot of all black outfits which are ultra simple, and just having fun with my hair and nails.
1 Don't I look like I'm having fun?
2
Example: a week and a half ago came the return of the claw nails! I found some ultra long glue-on nails from the drugstore and filed them into shape. For the first day I just wore them as is:
nails_3
Then I did a half moon design with white and this amazing seafoam green. Then used a glitter nail art brush around the half moon, and later added a few gems and pearls on just my ring finger and pinkie... just for fun. I was hugely impressed with how long these nails stayed on actually, it was a whole week before one came off!
nails_2
I call them my mermaid nails ^o^, I'm kind of fascinated with mermaids atm (anyone seen Pirates 4? Wondering if it's worth the suffering just to see my gorgeous Gemma Ward as a mermaid...).
nails_1
Next I had a little fun with my hair... make that A LOT of fun. That's right dudes, I went for the beehive.
2_5
2_4
This massive bouffant is courtesy of my good friend Ms. Hilton. I found these jank-ass Paris Hilton hairpieces on sale for $5 at Sally's Beauty Supply, and knew they'd be perfect to use for the beehive I'd been dreaming of. Hair DIY, wut wut!!
2 (2)
It's supposed to be be like a headband with hair attached, so it's like a half wig with combs underneath that help it stay put on your head. I backcombed some of the hairpiece before I used it, just to get that extra massive pouf (oh yes!). All I did was section of the front of my hair, backcomb it a little, place the hairpiece along the part, then pull the front section of hair over the hairpieces and pin it in place at the nape of the neck. Basically like this youtube video.
2_6 I actually like how you can see the blonde underneath, although really that's just because I was pinning my hair back blindly. And there you have it!
2_1

p.s.- Although I did go out with this hair, I didn't actually wear these stripper boots. I just felt like wearing them for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers