Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hot damn make me scream like summer jam

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I wasn't really going for some "autum themed" pictures, but when I look at these I can't help but think of FALL. All the leaves, the cozy knitted sweater, etc. I thrifted this sweater the other day, and like most things I buy it looks cuter in my head than it does in real life. It's still kind of cute in a "my Gramma madez it" kind of way. What I was really on the hunt for was the perfect cable knit, oatmeal coloured sweater (I keep being tempted to say "jumper", but then remind myself "you're not in England anymore, gurl!") and bought this cream one cos I hate leaving a store empty handed... how's that for a shopping philosophy! Maybe that's why I'm broke all the time....
Today I quickly popped into Value Village, although another price hike means I feel like I'm being robbed every time I leave that store. Seriously, the prices are ridic. I'm going to really try and stick to Goodwill and Salvation Army from now on. Anyways, I bought this long-sleeved wrap dress and plan to wear it open like a long cardigan type deal. I think it looks pretty ferosh.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic A perfect example of VV's ginormous price increase: these boots. I was browsing through the shoes section when I saw possibly the most interesting pair of shoes I've ever come across at Value Village: a pair of thigh-high, black patent leather stripper boots. Ooooooh yes my friends, I went there.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Immediately I went to the price tag and my heart sank. 40 DOLLARS FOR A PAIR OF SECONDHAND BOOTS!! I'm not lying, 39.99! I slipped one and almost started crying as the boot perfectly molded to my foot. I looked over the boots again, and realized the back of them were all torn up. I miracle in disguise! I figured I'd try to get a price discount as these were clearly very damaged and the price was ridiculous enough even if they were in good shape. At first the girl at the till said 10% off was the best she could do, so I said I wouldn't take them. Then as she was ringing me up for the wrap dress, she looked over them again and offered 20% off. I didn't want to push my luck, and couldn't stand to leave them there so I bought them. Still horribly overpriced, but you guys JUST LOOK HOW AMAZING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I didn't just buy them to prance around my house in, I actually plan to wear them to my Goth Tea Party that I'm having two Saturdays from now. Such a good idea, right? I've wanted to have one for ages, and even made a design on photoshop for the invitations months ago. I figured Halloween is as good a time as any to dress up in all black and eat massive amounts of cupcakes and sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers