Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'll never love again

Supposed to be reading right now, decided to blog instead. Does anyone else get really... bored? Over the holidays? We wait and wait and dream for a break from work/school to come, and then once it does it's just like... "okay, now what?". I thought I would have a million DIY projects to start and work on, but when I think about starting it just doesn't seem like that much fun anymore. I got a serger for Christmas, and was well set on trying that out, but as soon as I got it threaded the bloody needle just bent for no reason! Sewing is fun and so satisfying sometimes, but 80% of the time it is just so frustrating as well.
Tomorow is New Years Eve, depending on your time zone it's probably tonight, and OF COURSE I have nothing planned. There's always so much pressure to have a good plan of NYE but I personally have NEVER been satisfied with the evening. The worst was at the turn of the new millenium, 2000, I was 11 and my brother forced my friend and I to spend the whole night in my room while he had a huge party downstairs. Yes, this is how much my parent's know what's going on with their kids. Aaarg, it drives me crazy just thinking about it!
I'm being a real downer so far, sorry about that y'all but I think we all need to vent sometimes. On the bright side... I got a new coat!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you've been reading this blog long enough you will know who I'm trying to channel here. And when I say channel, I mean become a carbon copy. I've been looking for a coat JUST like this for ages, and found this one just last week by complete accident. I was at Goodwill, just browsing, about to leave emptyhanded, when I saw a bit a fur poking through about 3 racks down. Went to check it out and picked it up immediately. I call it my "Rockstar coat". Freaking perfect, but I might hack off just a few inches cos the length is just a bit akward on me... what to you think? Before anyone freaks out, it IS secondhand leather and fur, so I'm fine with it. I don't buy any leather, and certainly not fur, which is new but when it comes to vintage I'll buy anything. It's better than just chucking it all out, now the clothes have a new life instead of rotting away in a garbage bin.

For those of you keeping score, I'm now at 101 followers! Wootwoot!! Thanks everyone, and remember to comment to enter into the contest, ending January 5th. Don't forget your e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers