Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You'll never get that pony

I beleive this top is one of the most fantastic things that I own. It's a nightie that I found at Salvation Army, but how freaking awesome is it?! I don't care who's it was before, or if they wet the bed, or if they wore it every night for 10 years. It's mine now, and I LOVE IT!

Pajamas in daylight, mmm. So tasty.

Look at Snoopy go! Wait, where's Woodstock?


Awww, there he is! The cheeky little scamp




I felt a little hesitant about wearing it school. I mean, is it really professional academic attire? Then I thought "Screw it, other people wear sweatpants and hoodies every day. I can crack out a Snoopie nightie once and a while".

So I was babysitting last weekend (way more fun than wandering around in a noisy club by the way) for two little girls, 9 year old and a 5 year old. The older girl was talking in a silly voice to her parents before they left, and it wasn't at all offensive, it was just for fun. And her dad told her to stop talking like that because she was "almost 10 years old and didn't need to act like a baby". Now, I don't want to tell people how to raise their kids, but I hate it when parents use that line! I find it so ridiculous for people to rely so much on the number that is someones age. Everyone develops and matures at their own rate. It's not like at the stroke of midnight on your 18th birthday you suddenly know how to take care of yourself and be "mature". And what's so wrong with acting like a kid sometimes?! Does growing up mean being boring and having no fun? I think to be mature is to know how to respect other people and accept yourself for who you are, it's not the the point in time where you put down the toy and pick up the briefcase. What do you think it means to "grow up"?

In short, I act like a 5 year old and I encourage everyone else to do so as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers